Sunday, August 12, 2007

To The Faithful

Okay…..you know the “life in turmoil” I spoke of when I cut the entries to twice a week? Well, I’m barely avoiding terminal turmoil. Scherzad is sitting in the cave impatiently tapping his fingers on a rock, while throwing me looks that the dragon would be proud of. The dragon is out scanning acres of pied-a-terres, perhaps laying waste to the entire countryside, bringing back multiple stockpiles of munchies. Limericks are decaying away in my head. Furniture is clamoring at my bedside each night for the chance to tell scads of their stories. Dusty is vainly waiting for me to show I give a hoot about his dead horse. And my home town is slipping into obscurity with no one to note its existence.

No matter, let them all chitter and mumble. I have got to get through this crisis before I will have time for any of them. Stand or fall, it will all be over when this month is over. So see you then, at the latest. I suggest reading something of mine you missed, in the archives. Or, if you never missed a word (bless you, you marvelous person, you) read a real book, with tactile pages to turn, and come see me in Sept. I am not deserting, just taking hellish R & R. If you can be patient with me, I thank you sincerely.

No comments: