Thursday, February 7, 2008

News in the auction world

Well...since Pat vanished into thin air (or maybe the Dragon had something to do with it.) I guess its time for me to take this back over. And what timing on my part!

With the Fee Decrease announcement on eBay and then the No negative feedback by sellers announcement following on its heels the auction world is in an uproar! Great time for Meg to step down.

One of the forums I visit quite often is PSU. The entire mix of ideas, thoughts and emotions are shown there. There are talks of boycotts, people leaving eBay and shutting down all together, and then the more sensible are looking into opening their own websites and checking out the alternative auction sites.

I watched several of the past boycotts and saw absolutely no difference in eBay's attitude before or after each of them. Personally, I think that the only thing worth doing is "voting with your feet", in other words, if you don't like the way eBay is treating you...leave eBay!

I did exactly that over a year ago. I tried several of the "alternative sites" that were available at that time and after much hunting around found one that works for me. PlunderHere. It is young and growing and has begun to get the attention of the buying crowd. One of the few sites that I have seen that can say that. They are also one of the few sites that show all of their stats out in plain view...even what has sold recently and for how much. They also have a very active Community Forum that is open for all to read. And yes, I am very active there and a "moderator" so don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself and see what you think.

No comments: