Sunday, February 18, 2007

Interloper Intro

Hey,hey! Look what I found....an unguarded page, with some blank space on it. And me with a keyboard handy. Can't resist; I have a shameful addiction to writing. Now all I need is a reading addict or two, and life will be perfect.

Don't you tell the owner of this place that I'm sneaking in. I know him. If he finds out, he could do some virtual damage to me. Right now I feel safe---as I said, I know him---at this time of day, he's off pandering to his own compulsive habits. Probably sitting there with a cup of coffee for company, while he wallows in his dreams of wealth and power. Keep quiet about my invasion and I'll be able to come back here this time every day, tell you some stories, have us a chat, give you a glimpse of my world.

And you will like that so much. Really. My world is weird, funny, eminently sharable. But I live out in the boondocks, so it's a little lonely at times. You will hang around for a little while each day, won't you? Please? I promise to keep you interested. I promise to make you laugh, sometimes. I promise not to follow you home. Okay?

Just so you'll know me when you see me next time, I'm the one with the big, white, spotty dog. Fortunately for him, he's as strange as I am. And he loves people too. In fact, even though he never made it to school, can't write, I think you'll see a lot of him here. He's always with me, poor guy, and he has some quirks that---well, that's for later, all right? We're both pretty harmless. You won't need to bring the mace or pepper spray.

Well, don't want to push my luck. Better get out of here before that caffeine guzzler looks in and catches me stealing his blog space. See you tomorrow, same time and place. And next time, the dog, Declan, and I will make sure to have something to amuse. Oh, by the way, I'm Pat. We really do both live in a shoebox. Well, now you probably have my age pegged......You have our names......But you don't know where I live! Think I'll keep it that way. You might turn out to have some unused space on your page too.

No comments: